Just Homemade: Achieved our dream together

0 comments

As our child’s 2nd birthday was nearing my husband and myself who are from a normal middle class family had a dream of buying a residential land on our princesses birthday with all our savings money. Even though we have dream to buy a land, we actually did not know where to start and how to go about, we know buying land is a huge investment and we have to be very careful. we were not interested to take a loan from bank and pay the monthly installments for decades.
Once decided to give a try, we have expressed our interest to both of our family members. Everyone appreciated our idea and suggestions from each of them started to pour in.From the next day onward with lots of enthusiasm we started searching in the internet, local newspapers etc…. as days went by we felt everything became slow and a lot of hesitation and confusion was involved.

One day during evening tea time, my father called me and said buying a land is not easy but if we missed this chance then we may never get it back and he also asked me to discuss with my husband to put a plan with our requirements, desire and a budget on a paper to have a clear picture.That night was a sleepless night for my husband and myself. we discussed and came up with clear requirements and a plan. This gave us back our hope of continuing our search.
As my husband works from a different state, during weekdays myself along with my father, father-in-law and brother-in-law started to contact different land promoters and visited their lands later would discuss with my husband over the phone daily and during weekends my husband and myself continue to do the same.
Meanwhile my mother, brother, mother-in-law and sister-in-law gathered information from friends and other family members. Within couple of weeks we had lot of information and we had identified few lands to consider for buying. Those couple of months all the family members came together and worked as a team and spend quality time together.

Finally after thinking of lots of pros and cons we had decided a land that suits all our requirements, but the budget was higher than we estimated. Since the land was good and we decided to buy, my husband was thinking to get loan from family and friends for the rest of the amount but I told him that it is our dream and we will put in all our savings and jewelry and we did that still we were short. We informed our family member and without any hesitation they accepted to help us in all possible ways they can and they did it. 
Nearly around 3-4 months of entire families effort the day has come and we finally registered our land on our daughter's birthday. That day was obviously a very joyous day in our life not just because it is our only daughter's birthday or that we bought a residential land but it is that we did that as a family and as a team. The experience that we went through those 4 months was very wonderful and built our relationship with everyone even more stronger It was the time of my life when I realized that we are #together in this journey of life and were never alone.

This blog post is part of housing.com

Leave a Reply