Just Homemade: Friends get together is happiness

0 comments

For me, friends get together during a weekend and sharing the joy with a good food is the real happiness.

I am living in abroad with my husband and my daughter for many years now, during first few months in abroad I didn't know anyone around my apartment or in my community so I started feeling lonely and worried. One summer evening, while I was playing with my daughter in the park I met a mother from the same community and soon we become friends. Slowly she got me introduced to many of her other friends and my friends circle started to grow. Thanks to technology, we use Whatsapp, Facebook group chat and keep in touch regularly and I started feeling happy.

After some days, we arranged for a get together at a friends house and invited all other friends and their family. Happiness and excitement filled me from the time we decide to have a get together. Everyday all our friends met at one other friend's house and discussed about the items to cook and activities that we can have to entertain kids and husbands in the get together. We had many different views, ideas and some crazy fun activity suggestions for families and kids. During the course of time there was lot of laughter, discussions, chats and  happy times we had in the friends group and then we will finalize the plan for the weekend. 

I, as other friends, did lots of cooking, tasting, preparing the kid and husband for the get together and waited for the time to pass by. On the day of get together, I was happy and got ready, pack the food items that are prepared and I called and confirmed the time to meet.

I went at least 30 minutes earlier to the house in which the get together is planned, to help the friend in setting up things. Slowly one after the other, all the friends along with their husband and kids came ans the whole living room was filled with happiness and joy.

Once initial greetings done and everyone settles down, all women, husbands and kids formed individual groups and was playing, chatting and laughing until a friend's husband said 'what is the menu for today', then the food was served. I was waiting for the comments for the food items that I prepared, then I saw a friend filled his plate for the second time with my food and a friend's husband  in the get together passes a comment that my food was good, I felt so happy and proud of myself. At every get together that we had, the food is not complete without a glass of Coke.

    

Watching my 4 years old daughter playing and talking with her friends, my husband laughing out loud and all the items that I prepared has been eaten without a piece left in the bowl makes me very happy and that ends the week on a happy note.

Happiness is incomplete without friends and families together!!!

This blog post is part of Coca-Cola International Day of Happiness




Leave a Reply