Just Homemade: Look up Story

0 comments


       From my childhood, whenever I kind a feel low or disappointed my dad would always cheer me up and ask me to see the positive things in the situation and keep going rather sitting and worrying on the negative. There will be always be ups and downs in life and worrying only makes it more worst. During my final year of engineering, a popular software company came for campus interview and since I was a topper in my class I was selected to participate in the interview with other toppers in my college, I attended the interview and did my best and I was 100% sure that I will be selected but result came negative. I really felt very bad, cried and did not talk to anyone for two days. Seeing me like this, my dad called me and told me about what he had gone through in his life to make me understand life much better.
     My grandfather was from a upper middle class family and my dad had a very happy childhood with all good facilities. My dad would never worry about his future as my grandfather was his complete hope. But suddenly one day my grandfather passed away and my dad and his brother along with my grandmother was suddenly left all alone and was unable to cope up with the situation emotionally as well as economically. My dad had just started his college and his elder brother had finished his education and took up a job but was not paid well. The household was running on a very small budget. Used to luxury life it was very hard for my dad to get used to the present life. Seeing his brother struggling alone, my dad took up part time job to support him. My dad used walk to the places he needed to go rather taking the public transportation. Save whatever he could so that  could finish his education without burdening his brother. After a lot of struggle he finally finished his education and got a central government job. Then slowly family situation started to improve and then my dad wanted to buy a house so he started saving for that. Unfortunately during that period he lost his brother too. It took some time for him and my grandmother to  recover from his brother loss. Days passed and one day my dad bought a land and started building a house. Then he moved to the house along with my grandmother and later started a new life with my mother there. Despite the struggle and problems that he faced in his life , he provided me and my brother with best of education and a good quality life. Recently he retired from his job as a southern region manager with a lot of satisfaction.
       Tears rolled down my eyes when I heard his story but he told he never regrets about his past and the struggle he had faced had only built him even more stronger. Finally he ended saying “ I don’t want you to be afraid of the future and break down very easily when things does not go on well. I want you to look in for the positives in all the situations you come across and keep moving forward with hope.”  From then on the respect on my dad has increased a lot. Even today he is a role model for me and I look up to him. 

This post is part of housing.com/lookup.


Leave a Reply