Just Homemade: Share the Load ! Everybody do Your Share !

0 comments

Clean Up , Clean Up 
Everybody Clean Up 
Clean Up ,  Clean Up 
Everybody Everywhere 
Clean Up ,Clean Up 
Everybody do your Share 

- As my daughter sings her kindergarten song when she helps me doing the chores
k.



Introduction
As our age increases our responsibility increases. If we are a home maker then we are 24/7 engaged with household chores and it is unavoidable. As many other home makers out there, I had a hobby of jewelry making and I always wants to learn and make jewels on my own. But once after marriage and having a kid my entire time of a day is spent on house hold chores and I become so tired that whenever I get some time I thought of taking rest. My interest towards my hobby started to disappear slowly and I thought I would have to forget all about it.

One day, I was watching a talk show in the TV about the final wishes of the people in there death bed and what I saw changed my mind. Most of the wishes from the people in there death bead said, they were so busy throughout there life and has no time to spent on there hobby and they wish if they have some time left they will be doing what they like (hobby)

The Realization:
That TV program has occupied my head and I started to think we should not be in that situation. That night, i talked to my husband about that and said that I am interested in making jewelry and I have no time to do that because of the house hold chores that I have all day long. To my surprise, my husband also had the same issue and he is interested in crafting and he was not doing it for years now due to the office chores. We realized that we should change... and this is the time to make that change

The Process:
My husband and myself discussed about what I do in the whole day and stated to SHARE the work among us. For example, he take care of the kid's morning routine while I cook breakfast and he cleans the house while I make dinner etc..

Plan was fine and we started to implement it from the next day. Initially, following the plan was bit tough but we realized it is worthy 'SHARING THE LOAD' when we had enough time to spend on our hobbies or spending quality time with the kid or going out or taking a walk in the park together.

Sharing is caring:
On seeing us sharing the household chores, my kid started to do her chore herself and she even started asking if we need her help. This shows sharing is not just to reduce the work load but it is also about showing how much we care about others.

Conclusion:
Once we started to 'SHARE THE LOAD' in the household chores, I started to spend quality time in learning and making jewelry and my husband started to paint and we both had time to spend with our kid.

“I am writing for the #ShareTheLoad activity at BlogAdda.com in association withAriel.”




Leave a Reply